From Summer 2017, a new development of 115 homes at Twickenham
is being put into place. As part of the plans, a new station is
being built around a brand new public plaza. The plaza will include
shops and create a modern gateway to Twickenham. You can see the
plans on twickenhamforward.com.
From the end of August 2017, there is a new station entrance and
temporary ticket office from the side of Platform 3.
At the temporary station:
- Train services will continue to operate as planned.
- You are able to access ticket machines.
- Staff will be able to assist you between 0840 and 2020 Monday
to Saturday and from 0740 until 1910 on Sundays.
- There are replacement cycle parking facilities.
- There is one Blue Badge holders bay, one 'Kiss and Ride' bay
and two taxi pick up and drop off bays adjacent to the new station
- The new station is expected to open in Spring 2019 and the
project is due to be completed by the end of 2020. It will have
lifts to the platforms, a significantly larger ticket office and
more cycle parking spaces, as well as a pedestrian walkway to